Auto Insurance in Kansas City, MO
Auto insurance helps protect your financial stability after a car accident. It may help cover your legal liability for third-party damages after an at-fault accident. Depending on your car insurance coverage, it may also help pay to repair or replace your vehicle after a covered accident.
Contact Safeway Insurance Agency in Kansas City, Missouri, to get started building your customized auto insurance coverage.
How Auto Insurance Works
Auto insurance is a contract with an insurer that provides coverage as stated in the policy declarations in exchange for regular premium payments.
Your agent will help you build an auto insurance policy to meet your needs and may recommend the following policies and endorsements:
- Liability insurance can help pay to repair or replace third-party property after an at-fault accident. It also helps pay for third-party injuries for which you are legally responsible.
- Collision insurance can help pay to repair or replace your vehicle if you hit another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance can help pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it’s damaged in a non-collision-related incident.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage can help cover injury-related expenses for you and your passengers, no matter who caused the accident.
- Gap insurance can help pay the difference between the balance due with your lienholder and the insurer’s settlement if an accident renders the vehicle a total loss.
If you finance or lease your vehicle, your lienholder requires full coverage, including comprehensive, collision and gap insurance.
How Auto Insurance Deductibles Work
Your auto insurance deductible is the amount you must pay toward your vehicle’s repair or replacement after an accident covered by your collision or comprehensive policy before the insurance company starts to pay.
You can choose your deductible amount when you purchase an auto insurance policy. Most insurers offer deductibles between $250 and $1,000. If you choose a higher deductible, you are responsible for paying more toward your auto damages, but your premiums may be lower.
What Auto Insurance Is Required by Law
Missouri drivers must carry a minimum amount of liability coverage to help pay for their legal liability for third-party injuries and property damage after an at-fault accident. The law also requires you as a driver to purchase uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to help cover injuries to you and your passengers if the other driver is at fault and does not have enough liability coverage.
How to Buy Auto Insurance
Contact Safeway Insurance Agency today to get multiple car insurance quotes. Be sure to ask about available car insurance discounts.