Motorcycle insurance is designed to protect motorcycle owners against potential financial losses and liabilities. Contact Safeway Insurance today to learn more about your motorcycle insurance options.
What Is Motorcycle Insurance
Depending on the coverages you choose, motorcycle insurance may help provide financial protection in the event of accidents, theft, damage or injuries involving the insured motorcycle.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Typically Cover?
Motorcycle insurance may provide coverage for a range of risks and potential incidents. Your agent may recommend that you purchase the following:
- Liability coverage, which is required in Missouri and Kansas, may help protect the rider financially if they cause injury or property damage to others while riding their motorcycle. Missouri drivers can file proof of financial responsibility with the Department of Revenue as an alternative to liability coverage.
- Personal injury protection (PIP), which is required in Kansas and optional in Missouri, may help cover accident-related medical expenses, loss of income, in-home services and funeral expenses up to the policy’s limits for the driver and passenger.
- Medical payments (MedPay), which is optional in Missouri, may help cover accident-related medical costs for the driver and passenger regardless of who caused the accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, which is required in Kansas and Missouri, may help cover certain accident-related losses if the responsible party is uninsured or doesn’t have enough liability coverage.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage may help repair or replace the insured bike in the event of an accident, theft, vandalism or damage from natural disasters. If you finance or lease your bike, you may be required to maintain this coverage.
Your agent can help determine which coverages are most appropriate for your situation.
How Are Motorcycle Insurance Rates Determined?
Motorcycle insurance rates are determined by several key factors that may include the rider’s age, driving experience and riding history, as well as the make, model and age of the insured motorcycle.
Insurance companies may also consider the rider’s location, as areas with higher rates of accidents or theft may result in higher premiums. Other variables that influence rates include the desired coverage limits, deductible amount and any additional coverage options or riders chosen by the policyholder.
Contact Safeway Insurance in Kansas City, Missouri, to get a personalized motorcycle insurance quote.